Hey everyone.
This will probably be my last update from Uganda, as we're getting ready to leave. Already we've had to say goodbye to a bunch of people that we do ministry for; Our living hope clients, the kids at wells of hope academy and the juvinile detention centre. A lot of those were very abrupt goodbyes, because of things happening and poor organization.
It kinda sucks.
************************
Since my last blog, we've been up to Gulu, built retaining walls in Suubi to keep the hill from eroding and have had our last days in specific ministries.
Gulu was a very, very fast trip. We got up there by about noon on a friday, saw the Watoto church location there, ate lunch in the watoto village there, took a 5 minute walk through an IDP camp and then visited watoto's baby home in Gulu.
I didn't see many things there, or even hear of much stories of what went on there. But the main thing with Gulu is it is a main area where people fled from Amin. Children got in large groups and walked to Gulu by night. They went there for some protection, so they wouldn't be abducted.
There's been peace in Gulu for about 3 years now.
We left Gulu at 6 the next morning, and went to Murchison Falls park, where we did a game drive, saw some animals and the waterfalls and stoped to eat lunch before we got home.
It was a very fast trip.
Building was pretty fun. I got hit with a couple bricks though, in the line when we were moving them. But anyways, it was nice to do some work.
*************************
Today was our last day for ministry in the church on Sundays. I've been serving in Childrens church since near the beginning, so the gave me a plaque. It was pretty awesome.
Now, we've got a couple days of classes, one ministry day, our class dinner and then graduation.
Five months is down to one week.
I'm so looking forward to seeing people from home, but I'm so dreading having to say goodbye to the people here.
I've come a long way with them and it'll suck to leave.
We'll see you soon.

we're all excited to see you home Jon!
ReplyDelete