a random, disorganized update on my life.
*********************************************
We're finally in africa, after spending quite alot of time in airports and on airplanes. I'm very glad to be off them.
We arrived a week ago, and I'm just getting to write on my blog now. I wrote a bit on Karstens laptop, but i couldn't open it on this computer to post it.
I'm sitting in a Internet cafe at a club called "Muyenga." It's a hotel about a two minute walk from where we're staying, which is very nice.
But I'm very far behind in writing, and i don't know where to start because I can't organize my thoughts onto this page. So here goes.
Karsten, Dale and I are part of a rather large group of individuals, made up of 51 Ugandans and 4 girls from Florida, Switzerland, England and Norway.
We're spending the next five months with these people; learning and serving together.
I know we told you all we don't have much of an idea what we'll be doing here, and apparently, neither do the people organizing the program. We have a lot of questions they don't seem to know the answer to. I know we're planting pineapples on Wednesday.
I'll see about posting more tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually be able to post something that's organized.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jon, I'm not sure if you'll be able to read this. We are praying for you tonight. We saw the pics on Karsten's blog, and we're toggling back and forth between your updates. We are so excited for what God is doing through this ministry for the people of Uganda. Can't wait for your next update. Hey, planting pineapples sounds like fun! HUGS to you, Dale and Karsten. Love, The De Meyer Family.
ReplyDeleteHey John it's Elaina. It is great to hear you made it safe and sound. I know it can be a long haul getting to places that far from home. I think what you are doing is inspiring and I can't wait to hear about more of your adventure. I love how pinapples grow I tried to grow on once at home (didn't work so well)! Look forward to hearing more...
ReplyDelete