Friday, December 25, 2009

Cristmas Day

Well, it's Christmas day... and thats one of the further things from my mind.

I've been spending the last little while of my life preparing to go to Uganda, Africa on a missions trip. I, as well as two of my friends, are headed out there through a program called Watoto 360. This is a discipleship training program that is through an organization that does much of their working with orphaned children. We will spend part of our time in a learning environment, and then go out to practice what we've learned. We'll be going to hospitals and prisons, working with orphans as well as going to Gulu; a town in Northern Uganda comprised of many Internally Displaced Peoples.

The program is designed to help an individual realise the gifts God has given them, and teach them how to use them.

The five month trip will also include opportunities for site seeing, such as rafting down the Nile or going on a safari tour, so it's not all work.

As for more details, to be honest i don't know. I'm not too sure what exactly I'll be encountering on this trip.

Departure day is set for January 9, 2010. We're to return on June 15, 2010.

That's all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment